Brayden - Age at the time: 9
A couple years ago, we took the kids to the hot springs in Diamond Fork canyon for the first time. As we got closer to the springs we came upon a little bridge to cross the stream and a caution sign posted on it that said "Caution! Nude Bathers." I asked Chris, "People don't really bath nude here do they?" He was pretty sure that they did. I became a little concerned about bringing the boys up there, but we ventured on...cautiously. It became clear when we arrived that the warning sign was true. Mostly it was just the elderly that were nude (Brayden said, "gross!"). I guess they just don't care anymore and are going to enjoy the rest of their lives! We decided to stay and just look for a pool that didn't have naked people in it. We had the kids go behind a boulder and change into their suits and stay there until we found a 'safe' pool. Brayden, of course, gets tired of waiting and pokes his head out from around the rock and shouts out, "Hey, Mom, what's the news on the nudes!"
Beau - Age at the time: 10
When we were vacationing in Florida, Beau met this girl at the condo and they sort-of became friends for the week. They had fun swimming together at the pool. She had her hair done every day with 'bobbles' - you know those elastic bands with the balls on the ends. Apparently Beau didn't care for that look. After swimming one day, she said to Beau, "See ya tomorrow!" Beau said, "OK, but maybe tomorrow you shouldn't wear those things in your hair!" I quickly attempted to fix this by telling her that I thought they were very pretty. She was a very cute, and spunky girl and hadn't been bothered by Beau's comment and said that she thought they were pretty too!
I could go on and on! Our children bring so much fun into our lives!!
10 years ago


4 comments:
OMG I just love it...maybe you shouldnt wear those tommorrow...he is such a fashion king :)
Hey, thanks for finding me!!! Your blog is so cute!! I love the stories about the boys, they are so cute! It was a lot of fun with you on Saturday! You have fun family, hopefully we can see you for Thanksgiving or sooner. Love ya!! Robyn
Oh the things kids say! That is such a good idea to document some of their comments so you don't forget them. I'm sure they'll laugh about it when they're older!
Too cute! I am so glad I found my favorite Utah county family again!!!
Post a Comment